Infertility is something that is often feared by the married couple who wish to have their own offspring. Infertility has often been defined as the inability of the couple to conceive the offspring in the process of intercourse. This often reflects on how complicated even for normal conception.
According to the Infertility specialist, many factors could affect the fertility of the couple, that is including the presence of sperm and egg at the right time in a receptive environment.
Therefore, fertility treatment is always encouraged for the couple, where it helps to evaluate the different aspects of fertility and comes up with the best treatment option to conceive the offspring.
Test for Men
Male fertility requires that the testicle could produce enough healthy sperms, and the sperm is ejaculated effectively into the woman’s vagina and travels to the ovum.
With sperm test, it gives a better insight on this matter to determine whether any of these processes are impaired.
On the standard male fertility test, you may have a general physical exam, which includes an examination of your genitals. There are fertility tests include:
- Hormone Testing – you may have a blood test that helps to determine the level of testosterone and other male hormones that produced in your body.
- Semen Analysis – it is one of the tests used in the fertility center Malaysia where your doctor may request one or more semen specimens. Generally, semen is obtained through masturbating or by interrupting intercourse and ejaculation of the semen into a clean container.
- Testicular Biopsy – for certain cases, a testicular biopsy may be performed to identify the abnormalities that are contributing to infertility and retrieving the sperm to use with assisted reproductive techniques such as IVF treatment.
Test for Women
A fertile woman is often put emphasizes on the ability of ovaries to release healthy eggs. According to the endometriosis specialist, the female reproductive tract must allow an egg to pass into her fallopian tubes and join with the sperm for fertilization. Then, the fertilized egg must travel to the uterus and implant in the lining of the uterus wall. Click here to find out more.
A detailed body check-up is needed to identify any factor that inhibits the fertilization process like polycystic ovarian syndrome and also to check the regularity of the menstrual cycle.
For the female infertility treatment test, you may have a general physical check-up and a regular gynecology exam. The specific fertility tests also may include:
- Ovulation Testing – a blood test conducted by the gynecology experts from the fertility clinic KL to measure the hormone levels to determine whether you are ovulating.
- Ovarian Reserve Testing – this is a test to determine the quality and quantity of the eggs that healthy enough for the ovulation process and used in freezing egg method. This is approach often begins with hormone testing early in the menstrual cycle.
Artificial Insemination: The Alternative Treatment for Infertility
When you and your partner are having an in-depth conversation with the doctor about getting help for infertility, most of the medical experts might suggest a technique called “artificial insemination”.
It is a simple and least invasive procedure with a few side effects, and it has proven to be an ideal treatment that helps the couple with infertility to conceive their own offspring.
Intrauterine insemination or also known as IUI is one of the most common and popular methods of artificial insemination. You may think of IUI procedures as an enhancement form of artificial insemination.
With IUI treatment, the sperm is deposited directly into the female reproductive tract, which shortens the travel distance of the sperm to the egg. The IUI treatment has been proven to be able to increase the success rate of pregnancy by up to 10 to 20 percent.